Friday, May 9, 2014

Saturday Spotlight: Ceekay from Thinkin of Home

Hi, everyone!   Kris from Junk Chic Cottage and I wanted to do a regular feature on our blogs, something unique that hasn't been done before.   So we came up with an idea to 'spotlight the real life behind the blogger' in a more personal way.
There is so much talent and inspiration in blogland, and we thought it would be fun to bring you a closer look at the person behind the blog.

Every week on Saturday we will spotlight a blogger and have them tell us a little bit about themselves and their blogs.  You will be able to see and read about each of the bloggers on both Kris's and my blog. 

      


Today I'm happy to introduce you to my guest, Ceekay from Thinkin' of Home!  I'm sure that you'll be as inspired as I am by her upbeat, positive attitude on life! Please sit back, relax, and enjoy getting to know Ceekay better.

I am so honored to be joining Susan for Spotlight Saturday. I just love this feature and read both every Saturday.

I am Ceekay from Thinkin' of Home and My Journey with Teal.



The beginning of my blog, Thinkin' of Home, was when I was recuperating from a life changing surgery.  I needed to keep my brain active and I was no longer able to work.  I had time to look around and think about what I could do with my home!  I started stalking other blogs and decided...I should do a blog!  I have enjoyed blogging so much.  Many new friends have been met, challenges fulfilled, and projects completed.

I was born and raised near Detroit Michigan.  I am still smitten by the mitten!  I met my husband 42 years ago at Bible College on the first day I was there!  I KNEW he was the ONE!  We have been happily married for almost 41 years.  We lived in Michigan for several years, then Northern Wisconsin, and finally, settling in Phoenix.


On the Queen Mary 2014
 We have two children, our son, who is 32 years old.  He has a fabulous girlfriend who has 2 boys we adore.  We are just waiting for a wedding date!  Our daughter married 2 years ago this June to the father of our fabulous 2 grandchildren, a boy almost 12 and a girl, 8!  Both our children live in the Phoenix area, so we get to enjoy spending time together.

Our Family Easter 2014

Prior to 2006, I have always worked outside the home.  When I finished High School, my first job was in the shoe department at JC Penney.  I still love that store!  I also worked several years at Minnesota Fabrics, doing window displays.  Secretarial work was my last employ, being a Legal secretary.  I would have stayed with that until the totally shocking day that I found out I had Stage 4 Ovarian cancer.  Since then, I have been on my Journey with Teal.

However,  I have tried to focus on LIVING with cancer, not waiting to die from it.  My husband and I enjoy estate sales, and going "Up North" in our 1973 Shasta camper.  I go every year on a "girlfriend vacation" and enjoy it immensely.  There simply is nothing that compares to girlfriend time.


AZ Bloggers Luncheon

Our home also changed several years ago, when my husband decided we were going mortgage free in a 1978 Mobile Home.  That I didn't see coming.  We have worked very hard to update it and make it Home!  If you ask me what my style is.....I would have to say Old World, mixed with Grandma's attic!  I love big gorgeous furniture, but have to have my 1930-1950's kitchen decor!

Christmas 2013




It may interest some of you that I was a soloist singer and also have done some drama.  Seems like a lifetime ago, but it was a huge part of my life.

I will finish with an answer to prayer in my life, our rescue dog, my Bentley Boy.  He is my shadow and I love him so much.  He forces me to get up each day and get going, even when I rather not!!


I hope if you haven't visited by my blog, you will stop by.  I would love to get to know you!!


Thanks for sharing with us, Ceekay!  Love that picture of your sweet Bentley! :)
Please visit Ceekay at Thinkin' of Home then head to Kris's blog to read about Su from Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow.

Have a wonderful day!

26 comments:

  1. Hello! Nice blog... I want to follow you...
    Hugs from rome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ceekay,
    Thanks for sharing with us on Spotlight. You and I have similar backgrounds. I grew up in Michigan too and as you know I have a love and a desire to own a "glamper" someday. Yours is so sweet. Love little Bentley and that adorable face. Have a wonderful Mom's Day tomorrow.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! Love that we have met each other on the blogs!! You will find your glamper!! I just know it!

      Delete
  3. OMGoidness...another AZ blogger whom I have never met! Guess I will be heading over to her place now to meet her! Thanks for sharing your friends!! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Ceekay. I loved your love story. I live in the area as well. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks Susan for introducing us to Ceekay. I will be following her blog.
    Happy Mothers Day.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have gotten to know Ceekay's blog recently and what a SWEET lady! We are survivors of the "C" thing and are HEALED of the Lord! And we love our glampers! I am glad to get to know her better! Blessings and Happy Mothers Day~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ceekay is a doll...a real inspiration to anyone facing struggles!! I guess that would include most of us in some way, shape, or form. What a sweet spirit she has maintained through many life changing experiences. Great post!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ceekay is an upbeat person. I have visited her many times. This is nice to learn of her family and history. Thank you Susan, for featuring Ceekay. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful feature! Ceekay is one of my favorite people in blogland, without a doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to meet you Ceekay! Great to see the 'girl' behind te blog :)
    @Susan, what a great idea! I'm looking forward to it!

    Have a great weekend you all!

    Hugs from the Netherlands, Pietrik

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susan, I so enjoy your and Kris's Saturday spotlights. A fun opportunity to learn about other bloggers. Ceekay you are the face of courage, you inspire and take time to enjoy. I'm heading over to visit your blog later on. Time to go prep for dinner and guests.
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ceekay is such a sweet heart and has been an inspiration to us all! Wonderful feature of a very special lady! Thanks Susan and Ceekay! Happy Mother's day! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Ceekay! I hate knowing that she's dealing with cancer though! She has a wonderful attitude about it. I like how optimistic she is. It looks like she has a nice large family. Family support is so important when going through life changes. Thanks for featuring her today. It was fun to get to know more about her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this sweet lady and her spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry to hear about her struggles. Ceekay has such a positive attitude and spirit. Prayers for her.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a wonderful post. What brave and strong soul. I can relate to the pup thing. Ours give me strength to be strong every day. What an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I cross paths every so often with Ceekay through our blogs and I know she is an upbeat, and positive thinking person. It was nice to learn more about her here and know that Bentley provides loving therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Learned a few new things about Ceekay, which just reinforces what I already know from her blogs. What a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a lovely blogger Ceekay is! What a beautiful story! xo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for spotlighting a most special friend of mine. She's so lovely, and such an inspiration.

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  21. I enjoyed getting to know more about you, Ceekay! Your attitude is an inspiration for so many.

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ceekay has a beautiful home and family...wonderful to have gotten to know her a little bit better!!...

    ReplyDelete
  23. love learning more of ceekay! thanks for sharing, susan!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ceekay is just precious. Her response to cancer is far better than mine ever would be. Being mortgage free is very smart too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ceekay, you have been an amazing and inspirational woman through your journey of battling cancer! Always positive and upbeat. So happy that I have been able to become your friend through blogging. Loved learning a little more about you. A soloist, wow that is amazing! I love music but can't sing a lick!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!