Friday, May 16, 2014

Saturday Spotlight: Meg from Oliver and Rust

Hi, everyone!   Kris from Junk Chic Cottage and I wanted to do a regular feature on our blogs, something unique that hasn't been done before.   So we came up with an idea to 'spotlight the real life behind the blogger' in a more personal way.
There is so much talent and inspiration in blogland, and we thought it would be fun to bring you a closer look at the person behind the blog.

Every week on Saturday we will spotlight a blogger and have them tell us a little bit about themselves and their blogs.  You will be able to see and read about each of the bloggers on both Kris's and my blog. 

      


Today my special guest is Meg from Oliver and Rust.  Meg's blog is one of the first that I found when I began blogging, and I was smitten with her style!  She has many fabulous collections and she displays them in such fun and interesting ways!  
Please sit back, relax, and enjoy getting to know Meg better.



First off thank to you to Susan for asking me to join in this series.
I think it is a neat idea to see the blogger behind the blog as we are so often focused on the home behind the blog.

Anyways my name is Meaghan but I mostly and especially in blogland go by Meg.
I blog over at Oliver and Rust  and have been doing so since 2010. I watched Julie and Julia soon after we moved from our starter home into our "forever" home and thought what a great way to chronicle the changes that we knew we were to make in the home we had chased for 6 months before it became ours.



The rest they say is history. I hit the publish button on the then blog MT-Tails and have been chronicling our homes changes ever since. (there have been a lot of them)

I have to admit I spend most of my time behind the camera so finding a photo of myself for this post wasn't easy. I have had getting head shots on the blog on my to-do list for about a year, obviously it still hasn't worked it's way to the top.

I grew up in the same town I now live in and my wonderful parents still live in my childhood home. The redoing/demo-ing the house gene comes from them. My mom to this day is a chronic furniture mover. While I don't move furniture around nearly as much as her, the interior decor part of my brain came from watching, learning and many times doing the actual moving. 

My favourite food is pizza, my favourite drink is red wine and my favourite movie is You've Got Mail. I can always be twisted into a Harry Potter movie as well. Just things to keep in mind if you come to visit.

I live in our home with my best friend and husband, our dog Milo, and two cats Sammy and Oliver (yes he was the inspiration for the name). Trevor and I have been together for 14 years and married for 9 of them. We spend our time doing anything from home repairs/renos, off roading to travelling to all of the places on our wish list.



 We were fortunate enough to be asked to have our home featured on Houzz last year (the above photo is from the shoot that day on our front porch) and we have been working steadily towards having a vintage home decor business for the last year or so.
We have also been working towards making ourselves nuts but we have declared June as a no reno/project month so that we can enjoy the summer. I think it is important for us and everyone to step back sometimes and remember to enjoy the life we stress about daily

I do not blog professionally and between the blog, life, my online store, painting furniture I spend my days working as a Registered Dental Hygienist.

Most people don't recognize me until they see me like this.I have found that while this career is interesting, it is not creative enough for me on a daily basis therefore I blog and junk.



Thanks again for reading a bit about me and feel free to visit my vintage eclectic farmhouse global home (yep, my house may have some identity mix issues) anytime at Oliver and Rust.
I am always painting or changing something!








Thank you, Meg, for sharing with us!  (And good luck on your business goals-how exciting!)  Please visit Meg at Oliver and Rust, then head over to Kris's blog to learn more about Donna at My Shabby Chateau.

Have a great day! :)

19 comments:

  1. What a lovely feature I just found out about Meg from Pinterest! I was in love immediately! Thank you so much for sharing this talented lady with us!

    Have a great week
    Kate xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. love her blog. Meghan's blog was one of the very first blogs I ever came across......I pin a lot over there...lol Christine from Little Brags

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Meg,
    So nice to meet you and find out about you and your blog. I am a new follower thank you for doing our Spotlight. Love the shot of you and the hubby on your porch what a cute couple.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Susan! I have been following Meg for a very long time. I always take away some inspiration from her posts. Thanks, Meg...it was nice learning more about you. You and you hubs look so sweet in the photo on your porch. I have a dog named Milo, too! Could we be soul sisters?!

    Enjoy a peaceful June! :)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to read more about Meg, Susan! Thank you for sharing her and her blog today! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that I have met Meg, I am off to read Oliver and Rust.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was fun to read more about Meg. I like her style. Thanks for featuring her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely post...lovely pictures!
    Love Titti

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan, I will be visiting Meg's blog. I liked the pictures she used. Thank you for featuring her today. Blessings, xoxox,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great choice - I loved reading Megs post. I will be following her.
    Thanks so much
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how I love her blog. So inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a new to me blog. I will head over to check it out- Love her attitude and style- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Susan and Meg,
    It was great to see your face, Meg! I've admired your style and followed for some time now, and get your posts via email. I think you have a knack for building vignettes, and since green is one of my favorites, I love to see how you use it in your neutral environment. Susan, thank you and Kris for this series!
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun to meet a blogger new to me! Headed over to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another new blogger ~ thanks so much for sharing! I've missed these posts lately due to all the technical problems I've had. Off to visit her blog ~

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  16. meg's new to me, too-thanks for sharing her, susan!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely home and great feature. You know how much I love these features.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  18. How exciting that Meg's home was featured on Houzz....So nice to meet you Meg and you are certainly a very busy lady...good luck on all of your ventures!!!...Thanks again Susan for another great feature...so enjoyed reading about Meg!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!