Friday, October 4, 2013

Saturday Spotlight: Linda from Coastal Charm

Hi, everyone!  Myself and (Kris) Junk Chic Cottage wanted to do a regular feature on our blogs, something unique that hasn't been
 done before.   So we came up with an idea to 'spotlight the real life behind the blogger' in a more personal way.
There is so much talent and inspiration in blogland, and we thought it would be fun to bring you a closer look at the person behind the blog.

Every week on Saturday we will spotlight a blogger and have them tell us a little bit about themselves and their blogs.  You will be able to see and read about each of the bloggers on both Kris's and my blog.


I am so pleased today to present to you Linda from Coastal Charm!  I am such a fan of her blog (I love linking up to her very successful weekly party) and her style!  I connect with Linda because we have a lot of similarities...she loves the farmhouse style (so do I)...she is a thrifty decorator (so am I)...she owns a home decor shop (so do I)...she has a second home on a gorgeous beach....wait! I only dream about that one-ha! Please sit back, relax, and enjoy getting to know Linda better!

Thank you so much Susan for inviting me over today to share a tad bit about myself at Saturday Spotlight, what a huge honor. I'm Linda, and my blog is Coastal Charm. It's so hard to believe that four years have passed since I hit that button, and Coastal Charm was born. I love to decorate on a budget, well let's just say, I'm a very thrifty gal. Even, when I have decorated beach homes for my clients, I was thrifty with their money too (it's just in my blood). I like to blog about how you don't have to break the bank to have a charming home. Other things that you will find me blogging about is, my life here on the Alabama gulf coast. So, grab a glass of sweet tea, and learn more about this ole southern gal!

Welcome to the beautiful beaches on
the Alabama gulf coast.

This is the view from my beach condo
(my second home)...oh yes...I
LOVE it here!

                                     Here I am with my best friend
                                     and husband of 28 years. I am
                                  still head over heels with this guy!
                  
                             I am a proud mother of two young ladies.
                             Meet Haley (26) and Mary Claire (23). I
                             gave up my career when Mary Claire was
                             six months old, so I could be a full-time
                                mom, best decision that I ever made.
                                  
       

                                    Two years ago, Haley got married and
                                    Cam joined our family. So, we are now
                                     a family of five, and Mr.CC loves that
                                 he is not the only male in this crazy family.

                               Now, how many of you already knew
                               that we are HUGE Auburn fans? We love
                               to spend fall weekends cheering on our
                                                  TIGERS!!!!
                                      

                                               WAR EAGLE!!!

                                        Some of you might not know
                                        that I am an owner of a business
                                        called COASTAL CHARM
                                                   INTERIORS.
                                        The Fall display window at
                                         Coastal Charm Interiors.


                                     Luv this old chippy paint gate...perfect
                                            for a twin size headboard.

                                 My one of a kind driftwood crabs are
                                              flying out the door.


                                        I carry a lot of painted furniture
                                             and new home décor.


                         Thought I would share a few pics from my home. So,
                                           let's see where I live.

                                  I'm lovin' the farmhouse style this month
                             (just kidding...maybe I will be lovin' it until 2014).
                                 




                               For the past two years, I have been having
                                        a ball collecting old ironstone.


Oh yes...Fall has arrived here at
Coastal Charm!!!!

                                      Chippy paint items are another one
                                            of my favorite things to
                                                       collect.

                            A little touch of autumn in the kitchen.

                                         One of my painted pumpkins.
             
                                   Having fun using this chevron table
                                   runner. I now carry these at Coastal
                                               Charm Interiors.




                                 Cows just keep popping up everywhere!


Thank you so much, Susan, for inviting me to share
a bit about myself today. I always look forward to
reading other blogger spotlights, so it was really a
lot of fun to be included.

Linda, thank you so much for sharing more of your wonderful story with us!  Please visit her at Coastal Charm, then head over to Kris's to read more about Debbie of Debbiedoo's

24 comments:

  1. It was lovely to hear more about Linda's life and her homes. What a lovely looking family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun to read about Linda's life. LOVE her view from the condo. Her family is beautiful and her shop is just lovely- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda,
    Thank you for doing our spotlight feature. It was really great to learn more about you and your beautiful family. I love your sweet home it is so pretty. Thanks for sharing with all of us.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed this very much! Linda has a beautiful family and home. I must check out her blog and follow! Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Linda!
    it was great reading about her and her wonderful home, family and business!

    gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda is one of my favorite bloggers and I love joining in her Nifty Thrifty Tuesday party. Beautiful style!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your family is beautiful and you truly do look head over heals in love with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun to learn more about, Linda...she is such a sweet and generous blogger...and I always enjoy seeing her creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful photos and such a lovely family!!! I love your home! (both of them) Going to check out your blog. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda it was so nice to read more about you. I love everything you do and share! You have some great taste and sense of style. And what a wonderful family you have. XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda has such a great style. Her home is lovely, and I sure wish I was close enough to shop with her!! Looks like my kind of place.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks so much for sharing your life with us, linda! your family, home and shop are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Linda's home and blog...and one day I want to visit that beautiful shop of hers!...I loved reading her story...thanks Susan for presenting Linda's story today...so loved seeing the pics of her beautiful family too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never get tired of looking at Linda's pretty things!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another great choice of bloggers to feature. I have followed Linda for awhile now and often join her party, but I didn't know a lot about her.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so admire Linda and it was fun to get to know a bit more about her. I've been attending her party for awhile now and not only does she do a great job hosting, but her party goers are some of the most talented I've seen. I am always inspired! Thanks for sharing her with us!
    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great post! Wonderful family and lovely decorating--

    ReplyDelete
  18. What fun to learn more about one of my favorite bloggers!
    Great choice to feature Linda.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  19. I enjoyed learning more about Linda! She's a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Linda's style and she has such a lovely family. What a gorgeous ocean view from her condo. I love linking up to her party.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  21. It was fun to read more about Linda's life! She is one of my favorite bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I enjoyed reading about Linda! Beautiful photos of Linda and her family!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!