Friday, November 15, 2013

Saturday Spotlight: Becky from Timewashed

Hi, everyone!  Myself and Kris (Junk Chic Cottage) wanted to do a regular feature on our blogs, something unique that hasn't been
 done before.   So we came up with an idea to 'spotlight the real life behind the blogger' in a more personal way.
There is so much talent and inspiration in blogland, and we thought it would be fun to bring you a closer look at the person behind the blog.

Every week on Saturday we will spotlight a blogger and have them tell us a little bit about themselves and their blogs.  You will be able to see and read about each of the bloggers on both Kris's and my blog. 

This week I'm happy to welcome Becky from Timewashed!  Kris and I are big fans of Becky's style and her talent!  She not only has a beautiful blog, but she also has an Etsy shop that showcases her fabulous handmade creations!  She also has a weekly linky party, Blissful Whites Wednesday, where you can find inspirational photos and blogs featuring the 'shabby white style' of decor.
Please sit back, relax, and enjoy getting to know Becky better!


I was tickled to accept the invitation to be featured in the Saturday Spotlight!  Thanks so much, Susan and Kris!!

How fun is this?  Susan said I should tell you some things about myself...here goes!!!

First and foremost, I am a follower of Jesus.  He fashions my days, and puts joy in my heart!  He is my strength when I am weak, He is my place of refuge when I'm afraid or weary, and I'm quite certain my picture is on His refrigerator!!  After all,  He is my biggest fan!!  Just doesn't get any cooler than that!





I am a wife of 34 years, married to my absolute perfect match!  I call him "the cream in my coffee".  {"My Hunk" is his pet name} He truly completes me!  We are blessed with 4 fabulous daughters {and yes they really are fabulous!} ranging in age from 15 to 32.  Three of them are married, and are mommies to our four grand daughters!  Just haven't managed to get a boy in the mix yet...except for 3 awesome sons in law, and a dog!  That first grandson will be so totally spoiled by all of us girls!! 





I love to create...it's like breathing for me!  I got some wonderful genes from my Mom.  In addition to being the best Mom anyone could ask for, she was soooo talented and giving.  She went to be with Jesus in 2004, and I miss her so very much.  She didn't get to see me open my shop, but I know she would be so thrilled for me.  She cheered me on constantly, always telling me how wonderful everything I did was.  I wish everyone could have a Mom like her.  If I could only be half the Mom she was, I'd still be an incredible Mom!!





love the beach, being outdoors, riding my bike, that first cup of coffee in the morning, candlelight, smooth jazz, and I don't feel right if I am not creating.  It is just in my blood.  At 55, I still have rather high aspirations for things I'd like to accomplish before I leave earth!  You know, kind of a creative bucket list.  I want to draw, learn to paint with watercolors, develop lettering techniques, finish the quilt that is in my bottom drawer!!  {shhh...it's been there for...hmmm 23 years!!}  I WILL finish it one day...just need some instruction!  






My biggest goal is to have my own brick and mortar shoppe...a special place with a lovely space in the back for women to sit and share and chat, have coffee or a soda, and dream together.  A special place, filled with wonderful, well loved and used furniture pieces that are full of character, and warm your heart as you see each one.  There will be old and new made using old things...my favorite things like wonderful vintage linen, vintage buttons, all manner of this and that.   To envision the vibe I want, think of You've Got Mail, and The Shop Around the Corner.  See...you have warm fuzzies now, right???





One day...it will happen!  Can't wait!!  What are some of your goals and dreams? 

Thank you Susan and Kris!  This was great!!

Thank you, Becky, for sharing more with us!  (I have no doubt that someday you will own that shop of your dreams!)
Please visit Becky at Timewashed, then head over to Kris's blog to read about Kerryanne from Shabby Art Boutique! 
Thanks for stopping by :)

13 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing becky's story, susan:) beautiful girls:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, so nice to get to know you better - wish you would have shared a photo of yourself. With girls that beautiful, I doubt the fruit falls far from the tree. Susan, thanks for highlighting Becky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becky,
    This was so great to see your girls. You and I are soul sisters. We are the same age and married to our wonderful men the same amount of time! I have daughters too. You are so creative and I own many of your beautiful pieces so I am so happy to always be a customer of your wonderful shop. Thanks for sharing on our spotlight feature. I know the beautiful dream shop is in your future.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that one day, Becky will own her little shop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You cannot snuff out the creative urge, I'm convinced. You create beautiful things. And your daughters are beautiful.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing Timewashed. It's a beautiful blog. I always enjoy stopping by as you have so many lovely finds, ideas, and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for featuring Becky.
    I found her blog quite by accident and have become a HUGE fan.
    Becky, you are awesome and I enjoyed learning more about you.
    Your daughters ARE fabulous!
    Your life sounds wonderful ... good for you!!!!
    **hugs**
    diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an inspiring blogger who also has such a sweet attitude. You can tell by those daughters' faces that they're just as sweet and lovely. I hope there will be an actual walk in store someday for Becky to have a way to showcase all that she wants to learn to create.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great blogger who I'm sure will someday realize her dream of a shop! Just wish I lived close enough to enjoy it.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was nice to meet Becky. I like her style. I have seen her blog on a few occasions, but I really need to check it out again since it has been awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have joined Becky's party a few times, but don't know her well. What beautiful daughters! I enjoyed getting to know her.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful post. I am so grateful to be a part of blogland, meeting people like you. I need to be with creative women and I found it here. Your daughters are just as lovely as you, Becky. The tart tin filled with vintage things inspires me for a project! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad to "meet" you, Becky! Your daughters are gorgeous. I'd love to be in your little shop so please let me know when it's open. :) I'll be off to visit your blog.

    Thanks to both of you for sharing!
    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!