Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Button Partner Swap

Hope you all are having a great day!  I'd like to introduce you to a special couple that I've 'met' in blogland, and they each have their own blogs.  Francine has a dreamy blog called Ethereal Plus What I Love-you must check it out!  She just started a monthly button swap party, where you add your button to her post, then she randomly pairs you with another blog for the month. (As a side note, Francine graciously helped me with my button since I couldn't figure the stupid thing out...ok, I'll be honest...she actually made my button for me! Thanks, Francine :)  Anyway, what a fun idea!  For this first swap, I happened to be paired with her husband's blog, Nates Necessities.  In Nathan's new blog, he showcases all of his fun vintage finds!
               
I must say that Nathan is a man after my own 'junking' heart! (We share a lot of the same collections!)  I mean, look at this amazing vintage typewriter, and I love the addition of the light bulb, and the dream banner!
                         
Another one of my favorites...seltzer bottles!  And this one is a beauty!  I love how it's paired with the rustic tool carrier.

                        
This baby is something that I don't have but I sure wish I did!  What a breathtaking old cash register!
This is just a sampling of the goodies that Nate hunts down and shows us.  I can't wait to see more!  I think it's just great that Francine and Nate share the love of  'junking' and use found items to make their home beautiful!
Please visit him and say 'hi'!  He featured me today, too.  Thanks for stopping by :)

9 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    I just came over from Nate's after reading his post about your blog. You sure have a great eye for vintage items and a way with arrangements. I also joined Francine's swap party and was partnered with Kathe with an E.

    Francine and Nate's blogs reflect a true love for the old, well worn items that they turn into beautiful vignettes.

    It's been a pleasure visiting and I will add you to my blog roll and join to be a follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks so much for visiting and following...following right back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI, I HAVE A TYPEWRITER FOR SALE & I SHOULD SELL SOME OF MY SELTZER BOTTLES, HOPE YOU CAN MAKE IT TO QUAILCREST :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo,
    vielen lieben Dank für den netten Kommentar bei mir. Ich habe mich riesig darüber gefreut.
    Sie habe wirklich interessante Sachen auf ihrem Blog.

    Gruss Simone

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your visit to my blog, and I am your newest follower, too! What a great idea the button swap is. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, I did not know that Nate and Francine are hubby and wife. Learn something new everyday. I loved his typewriter also. I featured him a few weeks ago. I have a typewriter just like that. Still down stairs since the move. I have got to bring it up and do the sweet little banner.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that typewriter and the cash register is beautiful! There's a little shop here in town that has one and they still use it! Oh how times have changed!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!