Friday, August 17, 2012

This Is Top Drawer

(Thank you to {Primp} and aka design for featuring this post!)
I've been working on all of our rooms upstairs, and it's been a major process...changing around furniture, adding new accessories, weeding out things I'm tired of, etc.  Since I'm not quite ready to show you any of those rooms, yet, I decided to show you something of a theme that I've noticed around my house...drawer units!  Lots and lots of drawers!  I guess I have a weakness for anything with drawers-no matter how rusty, crusty, or distressed!  Be forewarned, there are lots of drawer units, and lots of pictures!
This one is on a dresser beside the bed in the master bedroom, and it has a funny story...I found the heavy, wooden 'unit' at an antique store, and fell in love with its chippy paint.  It only had 2 drawers, but I didn't care, so I bought it.  Then I walked a couple doors down to another antique shop and they had 2 more matching drawers for sale!  "Hmmm, I think I recognize these drawers", I thought, and sure enough they were from the same unit!  Weird, huh?  So I bought them and now there are 4.  I only wish that I could've found the remaining 3, but I still love it in all its imperfect glory!
This is a new vignette that I just put together in the upstairs hallway.  Love the nails stapled on the front of each drawer!

This is my newest drawer acquisition!  I got this for a steal at a little flea market, and I'm going to use it for storing supplies (stamps, jewelry makings, etc.-I'll eventually make labels for it.)  It reminds me of a Pottery Barn type piece. I love it because it's about 4 feet tall but narrow, so it fits perfectly in a little 'nook' in my upstairs hall. Great storage and great style-gotta love it!
 This little baby had me at 'glass knobs'!  I also love the crudely handwritten numbers on each drawer!  It's in a little 'bedroom' upstairs that I use as my 'studio' (where I make jewelry, and try and be crafty :)
All the rest of these you've seen before in different photos, but thought I'd throw them in the mix, too!  These next 2 smaller ones are both metal and in our office.  I got them at 2 different antique malls.  To see more of my office pics go to this post.
This one is in our living room.  We actually use it to store random 'stuff' like sunglasses, notepads, etc...I stamped the numbers on pieces of ledger paper and added them to the label slots.  I thought they turned out pretty fun!  Here is more of my living room.

These next 2 are also in the living room.  The first one is between the couch and the loveseat, and is very handy to hide our remotes, coasters, etc.  The 2nd one is just purely decorative at this point.

And last, but not least, one of my favorite finds, which is in the sunroom!  (More pics here.) These came from an antique mall and I love their color, and the worn labels.  Notice something?  This is our cat Bobbi...and this is one of her favorite napping places! (She's got a hard life :)
Well, I told you there were lots to look at!!  And if you can believe it, I didn't even show you all of them!  Do any of you gravitate towards drawers like I do?  I'd love to hear which of mine is your favorite!  Have a wonderful day :)
I'm linking to these fun parties:
                                              i should be mopping the floor
                                              Twigg Studios
                                              The Tablescaper
                                              Joy 2 Journey
                                              Sunny Simple Life
                                              My 1929 Charmer
                                              Alderberry Hill 
                                              Debbiedoo's
                                              You Are Talking Too Much
                                              Boogieboard Cottage
                                              Southern Hospitality
                                              Farmhouse Porch
                                              Knick of Time 
                                              A Stroll Thru Life
                                              Coastal Charm
                                              The Ironstone Nest
                                              Cozy Little House
                                              Faded Charm 
                                              Primp
                                              From My Front Porch To Yours
                                              Restore Interiors 
                                              Ivy and Elephants 
                                              The Vintage Farmhouse 
                                              Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olsen 
                                              Live Laugh Rowe 
                                              Common Ground
                                              aka design
                                              Jennifer Rizzo
                                              The Charm of Home
                                              Rooted in Thyme

73 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Where in the world do you find all those treasures!! I especially like Bobbi. Sissy likes my chair the best. Everytime I get up she's in it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, your kitty does have a hard life!! My favorite is the one with the bee lamp....but they are all nice and I can't believe you have so many!! great treasures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your drawers are awesome! You have great taste and great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love drawers, too -- especially ones that are home made usually for a shop or garage. I really like your cat's napping spot - beautiful green paint! Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what great finds. I found a neat old card catalog from a library recently. I loved it, and wanted it, till I saw the price tag. yikes, lol
    Debbi
    -yankeeburrowcreations

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! you have so many great pieces! I especially love the one with staples and the one that Bobbi is laying on! She is such a cutie & I love her sleeping position!

    Have a great weekend!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I love finding those too.But your collection is much bigger!Your kitty is so sweet!Great collection!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now you can hide some stuff in all these drawers. I like them too, but don't have any. I'm also drawn to sewing machine drawers. I'd love to have some if they weren't so pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great pieces! I especially love the colors on the last one. I do gravitate to drawers but I don't have any at the moment. I love imagining all the treasures stored in each little drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Susan,
    You have such an eye for styling, all of your pics are so pretty! I loved the post about yourself & your hubby, so happy to get to know you better:).
    Doing a giveaway tomorrow for the new e-course Creatively Made Home, hope you pop on over. Have a great night,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  12. They're all good... I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite. Loved seeing your Bobbi too.. how sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Susan,
    Ohhhhhh love all the drawers!!!!! I can't wait to see your rooms upstairs. Love the downstairs so much so I am sure your upstairs rooms are just as beautiful. Love that your Kitty loves the drawers too!!!! So sweet.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Susan,

    First of all, thanks for visiting my blog! I'm glad to make new blogging friends!

    And I like your style....love the rustic and farmhouse blend you have! Hmmm...my favorite of your drawers would be the first one (white one with the missing drawers) and the tall narrow one. My goodness, what were the chances of finding the drawers to the other piece at a different store? I'd say that was meant to be!

    Looking forward to getting to know you more.

    Have a great weekend!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, Susan, I believe you have a drawer addiction! but they are such great pieces, who could help it! Love your adorable Bobbi-cat. My long haired girl looks alot like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Susan,

    I don't have many drawers but I love the them! I especially love the one you put the No signs in the slots, thats a real beauty! You have a great eye for putting things together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I see some great "junk"! Very industrial chic!
    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow finds. I like all those drawers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I love all those drawers!!!! What great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love, love, and more love! I have more than a couple drawer units myself but mine are newer and not nearly as wonderful as yours. I love them all! I think my favorites are the unit with the numbers and the last one - I'll take the kitty with it too please :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. All your drawer units and cubbies are FABULOUS!! I love them all because they each have so much personality. The one with the glass knobs would have screamed out to me too. And the last one is great. All your vignettes are so inspiring. I always love when you have a new post!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are a drawer magnet! Each set is sweet in its own way. Love that you can find ways to use so many! I have a missing (then found) drawer story too from something I got by the side of the road. That's so cool you were able to find those!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  23. Everything is looking beautiful Susan!! You always do such a beautiful job on your home!!
    Your cat is too cute!!
    Hope you have a lovely weekend.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love drawers as well, Susan...there's just something so "Alice in Wonderland" about little drawers..."Open Me" ~ :) I've just found your lovely blog, and am now following!
    Best,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  25. such a gorgeous collection, susan! i think bobbi's fav is mine, too:) i only wish i'd run into goodies like these!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Those are all beautiful!what a cool collection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your style love it all but I really love that kitty cat.

    ReplyDelete
  28. ok drawer love!! holy moly, you've got a lot of drawers! love love love! ca-ute kitty too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wonderful! I love all of your "junk".

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your collection of drawers and all the primitive stuff. Displayed so nicely.

    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. http://audreyzumwalt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh the cute little kitty!! And ooh la la to all your great and unique storage, each one cooler that next. Love how you put it all together!Popping over from Debbiedoos.... Jane@Bluebird1959

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great Junk! How lucky was that, I just love it. Your a gal after my own heart I have always had a fondness for anything with a drawer.
    Thanks for sharing. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  34. Came over from Charmer. You must love to flash those drawers! :>) There are so many I would love to own, it is hard to pick a favorite. I love the card catalog drawers - I have been looking for a reasonably priced one. I think Bobbi chose the best one - love that patina under the purring kitty!

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete
  35. Holy cow! You gotta a whole lotta drawers there, girl. I REALLY love that last one the best. The color is unique and if the cat loves it-well, I love it, too! Thanks for finding me cuz now I found you back- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow, you weren't kidding when you said you had alot of drawers, Susan! I love them all, especially the Pottery Barn style one, and the drawers that your adorable kitty is perched on. Perfect for storing craft supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I cant get over how much I love your style. YES you must love junk!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh my gosh, I love every single one of your pieces! You would so be in trouble if I lived near you - you know why? I would of found these pieces before you and then you wouldn't have them I would and then you wouldn't be posting this mouth drooling pieces! I am so jealous I so want them. Do you have a large home, ours is so small and just don't have room, I so wish I was! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
  39. oh yes i love all those drawers! Thanks so much for visiting me at Cottage Wishes, now i am following you and enjoying your Junk!! Di

    ReplyDelete
  40. OOOOOH!!!! I love love love all the drawers. I also think Bobbi is sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love the first white chippy one and then first metal one. That's quite the drawer story!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love drawers too! You've got quite a collection, lucky girl! I don't know how big the one with the missing drawers is, but those missing spaces would be good places for small antique books to lie on their sides. (well, at least that's what would happen at my house.) :-)) Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh Jane, I'm so in love with all your drawer units! You sure do have a collection of them and they are all so beautifully displayed.

    ReplyDelete
  44. With all those drawers you have to be great at organization! Ahhh, Maybe that is what I need :) Thank you for sharing at The "Sunday Stop"
    Hugs,
    Bj

    ReplyDelete
  45. You have lots of fun areas to hide stuff in. Bobbi is a cutie. She looks very pettable!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Fantastic pieces and all displayed so lovely. Thanks for sharing with my party.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I have seen units like yours around and SO wanted them, but they're crazy expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I do believe that you are the queen of industrial finds! You have so many unique things in your home. I have a soft spot for industrial items and you just showed quite a few that I like. The one that your adorable cat is sleeping on is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Thank you so much for visiting my blog today. I appreciate so much your sweet comments. Your blog is beyond gorgeous! I am so glad I discovered it. Our styles are indeed so similar. What a great idea to decorate with old drawers. Now when I go out antiquing or thrifting, I will keep my eyes open for drawers. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  50. You have such unusual finds and you display them so beautifully. Love it. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  51. Oh, love the one in your sunroom! And I couldn't help but notice that corbel laying on top of the metal drawer unit!

    ReplyDelete
  52. I love all of them! Thanks for following me.....I'm now your newest follower as well!

    ReplyDelete
  53. WOW...i love drawers just as much as you do...apparently...but I don't have that many....are you selling any? I must check out your ETsy shop. thanks for sharing your post...as far as I'm concerned..there can never be too many photos. !!!


    ciao bella
    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hello from Canada ...oh I am sooooooo happy I found your lovely blog....must add you to my list...all the best,Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  55. YEP...we're kindred spirits! I'm in love with drawer units AND old boxes! LOL! Found you thru the once a month blog hop! New follower...yay!

    Tif
    Ramblings of a Southern Belle
    http://www.her-southern-ramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  56. So nice to meet you Susan!
    I love junk too. My most recent find is a barn gate, but I'm not sure what to do with it yet.
    New follower,
    Deb@LakeGirlPaints

    ReplyDelete
  57. You have a very inspirational blog, your drawers are all so wonderful. I am your new follower :)

    Michele
    Pearl 13.1

    ReplyDelete
  58. oh my gosh Susan, I love all of your stuff. I want it! Thanks for visiting my blog, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  59. I DO find myself attracted to drawers. I have odd orphaned ones serving as storage here and there. You have a great collection of cool storage pieces.
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  60. I Adoring ALL of your Beautiful Drawer Collections! And your Cat Bobbi has the perfect spot to take a Nap... that particular Unit is Gorgeous!!!

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  61. Wow, you are the Queen of drawers, all right. I love all of them, especially the one you said is narrow and fits in a nook. Do you have enough storage for about five houses now? it looks like you do. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  62. I have to say the last one, the one with your cat on, is my favourite! But, it was very hard to choose, you've got some amazing pieces in your home! Great finds...and imagine finding the matching drawers at another store! Lucky!
    Saw you linking at Jennifer's Creative Friday
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  63. Susan you 'wow' me every week. I so love drawers! I have a few, but nothing like your collection. In fact, I have a sweet small one out in the garage waiting for hubby to make me a top. It was missing, but I loved it anyway. Guess I must remind him this weekend. The turquoise one in the last pic is my all time fav, but I would kill for any of them. Well, not really kill; but maybe wound. lol! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  64. I just love all of your little drawer cabinets. The faded green one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  65. You're right - your Bobbi looks like my Sammy! Such cute photos of him. All of the cabinets/drawers are great but my favorite is the one with the crystal knobs! By the way, I love your header photo!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  66. I'm a sucker for anything with drawers and cubbies too!!! I love every single one of your storage units! Thanks for all the fun eye candy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  67. Thanks so much for sharing your drawer collection on Simple & Sweet Fridays. I think you did a fantastic job with how you displayed them. Very creative vignettes!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  68. I always love looking thru your treasures. Thanks so much for joining THT and LOVE your kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Love all of the drawers! Such great storage! Oh the clutter that can be hidden! Life to the full, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  70. Oh, my word! You have the greatest stuff! Wonderful! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  71. These are all GREAT! And you always do such a good job decorating, Susan!

    ~Ashleigh @ rusticanthology.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  72. Oh my, you do have many pieces with drawers!..They are all so beautiful..but I must say that my favorite is in the one in the sunroom too....How nice to have so many drawers for storage space!!...Love how you have decorated each area...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!