Saturday, November 22, 2014

Saturday Spotlight: Meredith from The Laundry Can Wait

Hi, everyone!   Kris from Junk Chic Cottage and I wanted to do a regular feature on our blogs, something unique that hasn't been done before.   So we came up with an idea to 'spotlight the real life behind the blogger' in a more personal way.
There is so much talent and inspiration in blogland, and we thought it would be fun to bring you a closer look at the person behind the blog.

Every week on Saturday we will spotlight a blogger and have them tell us a little bit about themselves and their blogs.  You will be able to see and read about each of the bloggers on both Kris's and my blog. 

      

Today I'm happy to introduce you to another sweet blogger, Meredith of The Laundry Can Wait.  I love Meredith's values and hard work ethic!  And I always enjoy pics of her 2 little ones-they are adorable!
Please sit back, relax, and enjoy getting to know Meredith better.


I'm Meredith from The Laundry Can Wait, a lifestyle/design blog where I share my love of interior decorating, as well as my passion for my family, friends and for my home business. I live in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and I absolutely love it here.


My style is ornate, French/European...elegant with rich colors. I'd have a house full of French chairs, big tassels and elaborate, golden frames if I could. But, most of what I buy is thrifted or purchased at antique stores or garage sales. :) Below are some of my favorite home photos.

Master:


Entryway:

Office:

Guest Room {most recent to past}:


Kitchen:


Living Room:








I'm a wife of 9 years to Joey. Together, we've been blessed with two children - Grayson, 5, and Sutton, 3. Being a mother is the greatest gift the Lord has given me.


  
I'm a homeschooling mom, and I love it!! If you're thinking of homeschooling, you should go for it!!


I also run my own home business as a Distributor with It Works, author of the Skinny Wrap!!


My goal is to work hard enough so I can retire my husband and buy 2 horses. 
{Me, this October with my favorite neighborhood horses, CoCoa and Arrow.}


Another DREAM of mine is to buy a home where I have enough land to take in stray dogs. I want to save them all, because there are so many that need love. 
{Me, this summer with my old dogs, Penny Lane and Lucy.}



I'm a very down-to-earth girl who has sky-high dreams! 
I wrote a children's book in college, and my ultimate goal is to be published in Highlight's magazine. It's hard, y'all!! But writing is a passion of mine, and I won't stop until it happens!


My faith is very important to me, and I also love to laugh.


 {Oh, Medea, how I love thee.}

And this is my college ID.
For real. 
Good times. :)

To see a full home tour, or to get to know me better, head over to my blog. I'd love to connect with you! You can also find me on Instragram now at @meredithlynngarrett. {I'm a "follow back" kind of girl, by the way.} 


Thank you so much for having me, Susan and Kris! It was such a "Yay! Moment" when you asked me to be featured. XOXO

Meredith, thank you for sharing with us!  Please visit The Laundry Can Wait then head to Kris's blog to read about Debra from MsMoozy's Open House.
Have a great day! :)

14 comments:

  1. Love my Oklahoma friends! Off to visit today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun girl you seem to be, Meredith! I love your big dreams, your too cute family, and that cubby closet of an office you created! Susan, you & Kris are the best to welcome bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to meet Meredith, Susan! She sounds like she has a real zest for life. Her children are just adorable. Such a nice feature!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan, thanks for featuring Meredith. What a sweet family, will visit her blog ... What a cute blog name!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Meredith,
    Thanks for doing Spotlight. This was so fun to see the pics of your sweet kids. Adorable. Love your dream of writing and love the book you wrote in College so cute. Thanks for sharing with all of us.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fun blogger to check out and another moment of thinking, "I don't know how they do it!". How do you and Kris keep up your decor, your blog and still find time to search out blogs to feature?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan, Thank you SO much for spotlighting me today!! I've always been in great admiration of your blog since I first began following. I've enjoyed getting to know YOU over the years, from your love story with your husband to your precious kitty cats! You're so generous to open your blog to other bloggers like me, and that is why so many of us love you. Hugs from Oklahoma! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beautiful feature...so nice to meet you Meredith...love your hopes and dreams and your tenacity...your home is beautiful and so is your family....I love the name of the blog!!!...thanks Susan and have a great weekend Susan and Meredith.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was so nice to meet Meredith and learn about her dreams! Blogging offers so many unique avenues of inspiration and encouragement! Thank you for sharing each week, Susan! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I admire Meredith's determination to help dogs by someday opening a sanctuary. I hope you get to realize this dream. I'm heading over to follow your blog. You are my kind of girl and I love your student ID photo.
    Ginene

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Meredith's can-do spirit. She inspires me. She has Thanks for introducing her, Susan. I'm off to visit her blog. xxx ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Will hop over and give it a peak. Thanks for sharing. The Laundry Can't Wait for sure! Those little ones are what matters.

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute family, beautiful home! tfs, susan!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!