Saturday, September 21, 2013

Country Living Finds



(Thanks to One More Time Events and A Stroll Thru Life for featuring this post!)
Hi, everyone!  If you missed it, I showed pictures from my trip to the Country Living Fair here.
I not only found some fun finds there, but also at some of the other little shops that my friend Suzanne and I visited the day before the fair.  Fair warning: there's lots of pics in this post!!  Ready?

I'll start with one of my favorite finds from CL...this huge silver urn! It reminds me of a loving cup/trophy, which I'm really 'loving' right now!




I filled it with a fall 'floral' arrangement, grouped it with my other 2 silver trophies on a wicker tray and added some sweet white pumpkins that I got at CL. (The 2 pumpkins on the trophies were sent to me from Kris at Junk Chic Cottage, which I posted about here.)




This vignette is on a small table in the hallway, right inside the front door.




Two more of my favorite finds are this long grain sack runner and this dough bowl!  




  I love the faded blue stripes and the heaviness of the fabric. (This is the new me, adding touches of blue here and there, remember? That post is here.)
 I'm pretty much obsessed with grain sacks right now!  I also got these red-striped ones, although I'm not sure where I'm going to put them yet.




But back to the dough bowl...I was on the hunt for one at a good price, and sure enough, I found one!  




I put it on the dining room table (for now) holding a bundle of wheat that I got at CL also.














A man set up at CL had just cut tons of bittersweet and had bundles of it drying all over his booth.
I've never bought it before, but I think it's really pretty and just says 'fall', so I got some!




 Now you know I love 'good junk', but even I have to admit that this find is pretty junky...a TRULY rusty bucket!




But I still love it, and think it looks good holding the bittersweet on my buffet.




These tiny skulls caught my eye at CL...gotta love a 'blingy' skull!




I copied an idea that I saw there and added some moss and put them in little tartlet tins.  They're that bit of unexpected whimsy that I love to add to keep my decor from looking too 'serious'!




They're currently keeping company with my ironstone in the dining room cabinet.




Here's a couple of other goodies that I picked up on this trip at a shop called Vintage Restyled. I chose these small letters to say 'nest', then at home I hooked them on a wire basket...




...and also picked out a collection of little clock faces.  Not sure what I'm gonna do with them yet, but I thought they were so fun!




Well, thanks for sticking with me through all these pictures!  I brought home even more finds, but I'll leave you with these for now.  Have a fantastic day!

On another note, one of my favorite bloggers, Kelly from Eclectically Vintage has her sunroom in an AT Room for Color contest.  I'd like to encourage you to go vote for her at http://bit.ly/16eGMGv.  Voting ends Friday at noon.  Thank you!

I'm sharing at these wonderful blogs:  Creative Home Expressions
                                                    i should be mopping the floor
                                                    Dwellings
                                                    A Stroll Thru Life
                                                    Cozy Little House
                                                    One More Time Events

51 comments:

  1. My favorite - that rusty bucket of bittersweet. They were made for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the clock faces....they are hard to find here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a dough bowl that is like yours, but mine is a little rounder. Love the grain sack runners and that rusty bucket is awesome!!
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello girlfriend,
    Oh I love all your treasures you got at CL. Those little skulls are so cute and they do bring some cute whimsy to the vignette. Love that. Oh those clock faces too. I think I need those!!!!! They are so sweeeeeet. Good finds.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that must be a fabulous show, and love that wonderful rusty bucket. looks perfect all decked out with Fall goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh girl....makeover could you please come on down to East Texas and do a makeover job on my casa? Your place is beautiful and I love the white! so glad that pumpkins can now be white...Orange just doesn't go with all home decors. Love your work...love your style!
    Blessings,
    shug

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love the silver with the white pumpkins....and that dough bowl? Sweet!

    XO,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. You found some great things, Susan! I love your loving cup vignette with the pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great finds Susan !!!!!
    Your home looks so AMAZING !!!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm normally not into skull heads...but I have to say those sparkly ones are CUTE!! I too, love bringing the outside in...bittersweet, stalks, sweet annie etc.-they add so much to ones home! It's looking like Fall! G*O*R*G*E*O*U*S

    ReplyDelete
  11. You came home with some really good stuff! Love the large urn! It fits right in with your trophy's! Your grain sack runner is so fabulous! I have a knock off grain sack runner, but you can't match the thick, wonderfulness of the real thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunny photos. Love the old rusty bucket!
    Now following you on GFC
    Keren (From South Africa)
    Fabulous-farmliving
    Fabulous-food-recipes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just love it all! Especially those fabulous trophy cups!! Would love to get my hands on some of them!! The large one looks so wonderful with the drieds in it, too!
    Have a great week, Susan!!
    xo
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all your finds. I am glad I looked this morning. It got me inspired. Hope your having a great weekend.. I have to share with you we got a 9wk old boxer puppy Friday night. Our scruffs is so old ya know and we came upon this little guy and of course couldn't say no! I will share pics soon. Still working on a name. I am realizing how little I am going to get done for awhile with the potty training etc.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty...love all your finds. I have a friend that just me some bittersweet- can't wait to work with it.
    And Susan...there are never too many photos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm loving everyone of your finds, Susan! But those trophy cups are probably my favorite.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful treasures! I love the grain sacks and the dough bowl. Both will give you lots of decorating options. Happy Fall to you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are some lovely purchases. My favourites are the grain sacks and the dough bowl. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all of your new finds! I think I have that same dough bowl too. Mine came from Decor Steals I think. Love the grain sack runner and the silver trophy cups. They look good mixed with the little white pumpkins and feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Susan,
    Where do I start....first of all I know I could move my pieces over to your homes pieces making a perfect blend of rustic beauty. Love your mix of whites and darks and before you even said anything about that extra rusty bucket I spotted it in the background and said yummmm! I want that bucket for my table or rooms collection.

    Love the softness of fall here with the touch of bittersweet vines with that perfectly perfect orange adding a bit of rich tone to the palest of your rooms blend.
    I am so inspired with your beauty, making me wan to put down the Christmas art and get back on tract with all that Fall has to introduce.
    Thank you beautiful for inviting us into your home of creative beauty.

    Thank you for taking the time to visit me,
    Making mention of my mix from light to datk.

    Bisous
    Xx
    Doré

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like you girls had a great time. Thank you so very much for letting us in on your great finds.
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! You found some great treasures. I have been on the look out for the silver trophy cups, but have yet to find any. I think I need to do some hunting.
    Thanks, Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

    ReplyDelete
  23. More, more! It's always such a treat to see what you've discovered. I love those trophies with the little white pumpkins. I know you'll figure out what to do with the grain sack fabric. Those clock faces are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. such fabulous finds, susan! (i would love to find just one trophy cup around here--maybe someday!) happy fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. A steam punk aficionado would love those clock faces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I LOVE your faded table runner! You found lots of fun treasures and I think the wheat and bittersweet vine are the perfect finishing touches to your autumn decor.

    ReplyDelete
  27. As always, SOOOO cool! Love the trophies.
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just gorgeous Susan - that runner is beautiful!!!
    And those trophy's are just perfect - love all of it !
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just gorgeous Susan - that runner is beautiful!!!
    And those trophy's are just perfect - love all of it !
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am so jealous of those cute little white pumpkins--love your decorating! I love to see Fall decorating in soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love that rusty bucket filled with bittersweet! Loved all of your finds, but the rusty bucket is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am in awe of all the beautiful ways you decorate. You should write your own decorating book.

    Blessings!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous finds, that large urn and that grain sac runner are my favorites. You did such lovely things with everything. Love seeing all you do!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  34. what fun! I'm coveting your grain sack runner and the trophy!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love, love, love. This is so pretty and I love the soft colors. Gorgeous vignettes. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love everything, Susan, but I noticed the old bucket in the background of one of your pictures right away! I would have grabbed that, too! You dough bowl is a great find, too, for years I thought I'd find one up in Michigan, there are a lot of old kitchen pieces floating around there in the country. I finally got mine on Ebay! It makes me happy though, it's old and scarred. The wheat in it is cute. So glad you had a good time. I will have to stay on top of things and go next year!

    XO,
    Jane

    P.S. I've seen a lot of bloggers do mantelscapes in January for the new year with clock faces.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Well I love every single thing your purchased and the way you have them displayed. I was just thinking to myself last night, "wonder if I am breaking some kind of blogger ethics code by not owning any loving cups or a dough bowl?" It's not for a lack of looking....let me tell you! Everything looks fantastic as usual. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow.... what great finds loving the clock faces and the white pumpkins in the silver trophies! Would love it if you came by One More Time Events and shared all your great finds...http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2013/09/how-to-redecorate-your-living-room-and.html

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  39. holy cow! loads of great inspiration! beautiful vignettes!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Awesome finds!! Love the trophies and the beautiful vignette you created using them!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Blasphemy! LOL Just kidding. Ive read similar things on other blogs. Ill take your word for it. Stay solid! your pal.
    Hmm, that is some compelling information youve got going! Makes me scratch my head and think. Keep up the good writing!
    Big data training

    ReplyDelete
  42. Susan I love your touches of fall.Good thing you don't live close......or I would be knocking at your door....looking for those trophies.....sigh!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi, Stopping by to thank you for sharing at One More Time Events and let you know you have been featured http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2013/09/one-more-time-share-it-one-more-time_29.html
    Hope to see you again at this weeks party Xo Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  44. Just love your bucket and bittersweet...so sweet! Thank you so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!