Friday, September 27, 2013

Saturday Spotlight: Dawn from Creative Cain Cabin

Hi, everyone!  Myself and (Kris) Junk Chic Cottage wanted to do a regular feature on our blogs, something unique that hasn't been
 done before.   So we came up with an idea to 'spotlight the real life behind the blogger' in a more personal way.
There is so much talent and inspiration in blogland, and we thought it would be fun to bring you a closer look at the person behind the blog.

Every week on Saturday we will spotlight a blogger and have them tell us a little bit about themselves and their blogs.  You will be able to see and read about each of the bloggers on both Kris's and my blog. 

Dawn from Creative Cain Cabin is one of those bloggers whom I really admire because she is so darn good at whatever she does!  Whether it's decorating, gardening, photography or cooking, she does it well and makes it look easy!  I love her cheerful, colorful style-it's so welcoming as is her blog.
So please sit back, relax, and enjoy getting to know Dawn better!


I am so honored to be given the spotlight today by Susan and Kris. They both have beautiful blogs and I was jumping with joy when they asked me to give you all a peek into my life and home as a blogger. So lets get on with it shall we? I'm Dawn and I write at Creative Cain Cabin a blog about log home living and decorating.    Kitchen I stumbled upon blogging about 4 years ago and knew it was for me. I love to take photos and found that blogging is a great way to stay creative and fulfill my shutterbug addiction.    I live in a log home with my hubby, 2 teen boys, a dog and a cat. Our home is environmentally friendly and we did all the work ourselves. It took us 5 years to build our home, I remember many sleepless night of me at the computer drawing our blueprints, and rethinking the design over and over. Building a home is so time consuming, especially when you are in on the project from the ground up. We are very proud to say we did it ourselves and paid cash for it all. We were lucky our now guest home was on the same property so we didn't have far to go when we were weary at night, just a 1/2 mile trek and we were home. The kitchen was a big deal for me, I knew it would probably be the last home we built so I wanted the kitchen the hub of the home and to be the perfect fit for me.  By this time in the build process I had, had my fill of wood and decided I needed white cabinets for a pop of color and black concrete countertops that would last for years. 5 years later I can still say it is my favorite spot in our home, there are always kids seated at the island laughing and eating, it brings joy to my heart.   Porch We have 3 porches on our home and you can find me on one of them most any day of the year. There's just something calming about swinging, or rocking on a covered porch. It's also one of my favorite places to decorate for every season, it's truely an extension of our home and used just like any other room.    Master Bedroom Our master bedroom is in the loft of the cabin and this room changes with the seasons also. It's big enough to have an eat in spot as well as a seating area. I love how the light streams through the windows of this room, it wakes you up in the early morning and no need for an alarm clock.   Living Room Our log home, is filled with thrifted, yard saled, and vintage finds. I love the look of all things farmhouse so I mix it all together and call it home. I did opt for slipcovered furniture, I like that the slipcover colors can be changed with the season and you can take them off to be washed. Whoever invented form fitted slipcovers was brilliant.    Summer Porch I decorate our home and porch with wildflowers from spring till fall. I love how alive they make a room feel and the best part is they're free. The field between our home and the guest home is littered will several varieties of wildflowers and I have been know to bring the car to a screeching halt when I find them growing on the sides of the road.  One of my favorite tools in my purse besides my camera is a set of garden nippers. You never know when a girl's gonna need them.   Garden If you get tired of looking around the inside of the cabin, set outside and have a look around some magical sculpture and flower gardens designed by friends of mine. They were gracious enough to gift me flowers for my own landscape project this year, so the cabin is now in full bloom.   Peach Crisp I also do down home cookin' here at the cabin, so feel free to drop by anytime and have some homemade peach crisp with a side of ice cream. You are always welcome!   MeGraphicButton Recently I started my own  custom blog graphics business, everything from a whole new blog design to something as simple as social media icons. I really enjoy making peoples blog vision come to life, if you can think it up I can create it for you. So if you are wanting a new look stop in and see me.   Printable And just for fun, every month I have a variety of free printables for you to download and use how you see fit. Thanks again girls for having me over. I hope to meet some new people, so stop by the Cabin anytime. See ya all soon:)   Signature 

Dawn, thanks so much for sharing with us!!  I'll be right over for that peach crisp and ice cream-yum!  :)  Please visit Dawn's blog Creative Cain Cabin, then head over to Kris's blog to read more about Sandy from For the Love of White!
Have a wonderful weekend!

18 comments:

  1. what a lovely place, and beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, you have a beautiful home and a wonderful photographic eye. Thanks for sharing with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn's home is so warm and cozy. Love her very welcoming style of decorating. I think my favorite new idea is her eat in bedroom!!! LOVE this!!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn,
    You are one of my favorite bloggie friends and I always love seeing all the beautiful pictures and inspiration on your blog. I love that you built your home from "scratch" and put so much love into it. It truly makes it your home. Thanks for doing our spotlight feature. It was fun learning more about you.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her home is beautiful--love the beautiful photography too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was fun getting to know Dawn, she sure does wear a lot of hats! Love her style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful home! I love all the color, especially the flowers. I would kill to sit outside on any of the porches ~ :) Great photography!

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dawn's log cabin is wonderful. We share a love of color. I have told her that if I ever came for a visit, several items might go missing. Thanks for spotlighting such a great blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been following Dawn for a while now and I love her blog.
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a treat to see Dawn's home featured.Wow to build your own home from scratch....truly inspirational! Love her beautiful style!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Dawn's place. I love the openness of the house layout. I love the porches. I love all the colorful touches. And I love the blog design she did for me about a week ago. I could not be happier with it. It is the best anyone has ever made for me. Maybe it's because she knows me well. She is good. Really, really good. She captures the essence of who you are and reflects that in your blog design.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. crafted her own log cabin and it's gorgeous, and it's paid for=priceless:) what a wonderful home, dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful home and three porches, wow! Loved seeing all your blooms.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry I'm late for this one - love your home Dawn - and had no idea you and your husband had that built from the ground up - what a spectacular job you did !!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Dawn is such a talented lady. I have visited her blog before, but will visit more often for sure! Love her home and her style! Wonderful that they built it themselves. Her photos of the wildflowers and gardens are breathtaking! Looking forward to getting to know her better.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!